After 5 years since launch, in over 40 countries around the world, Uber’s only in app integration was found in Google Maps. Now all of that is going to change with the introduction of the Uber API (https://developer.uber.com). With this first version, Uber strategically partnered with 11 cool apps listed below to give a taste of what can be done. There is no doubt in my mind that the Uber API will lead to creative ways to enjoy my favorite car service. Read below for just some of the ways the API is being implemented today.
“Along with the Uber API, we’re also launching our new Affiliate Program, which enables developers to earn credits toward free Uber rides.
We believe that any app with a map is a potential Uber API partner. To kick things off, we’re launching with 11 fantastic companies, all of whom have already integrated with the API and are rolling out in cities around the world: Expensify,Hinge, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Momento, OpenTable, Starbucks Coffee Company, Tempo Smart Calendar, Time Out,TripAdvisor, TripCase and United Airlines.
Here are just a few examples of how our partner apps are making it even easier to get where you want to go with Uber:
- Dinner date? Request an Uber to your favorite restaurant right from the OpenTable app. Your driver will arrive already knowing where you are headed.
- Catching a flight? The United mobile app shows ETAs of the closest drivers and fare estimates, so you can get reliable ride to and from the airport for less.
- Night out? Time Out shows different Uber options—from low-cost to luxury—so you can be sure to arrive in style to the city’s best nightlife.
- Need a place to stay? Book a room through the Hyatt Hotels & Resorts app and request a ride to your hotel right from the reservation screen.
- Want a recap of your journey? Use Momento to view a timeline of your Uber trip history alongside other moments in your life.”